Director of People
Avant-garde Health enables hospitals and physicians to understand and improve their care processes, costs, and outcomes by utilizing technology and data analytics. We are a mission-driven business that grows out of the value-based health care research at Harvard Business School. We have raised over $17M, and are backed by General Catalyst, Fulcrum Equity Partners, Founder Collective, Tectonic Ventures, and Sparta Group. Our team of approximately 25 employees is working with a number of the top hospitals across the country, and our customer net promoter score is +92.
We want you to join us in transforming health care delivery for decades to come. We’re excited to hire a person who wants to lead people operations for a health tech venture-backed startup. This person will work closely with company executive leadership on personnel management and culture. As we scale the business, this role would involve building out a team.
- Help shape and cultivate our team culture and create the conditions for people to perform their best
- Manage benefits, payroll (via Gusto), and other employee matters like visas
- Oversee employee review process, lead training and development, manage onboarding, and develop company policies
- Be a trusted confidant to people on the team and manage employee relations
- Bachelors degree with 8+ years of work experience with a focus on HR (e.g. employee relations, personnel management, benefits selection, policies and guidelines development, payroll management, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to navigate complex issues independently
- Enjoys juggling multiple responsibilities and problem solving
- Excited to be self-reliant working in a fast-moving startup
- Creative, adaptable, and a learner
- Committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity
This is a part-time hybrid position based in the Boston area. You'll enjoy the flexibility to balance your in-person and home office work environment. Approximately 10-20hrs/wk with the potential to increase over time as the company grows.
Apply For This Position