Avant-garde Health enables hospitals and physicians to understand and improve their care processes, costs, and outcomes. We are a mission-driven business that grows out of the value-based health care research at Harvard Business School with Michael Porter and Bob Kaplan, and are backed by General Catalyst, Founder Collective, and Tectonic Ventures. We want you to join us in transforming health care delivery for decades to come.
We are hiring an experienced Data Scientist/Researcher to lead our publication efforts and research collaborations. The role will involve conducting every aspect of the research process, including study design, data analytics, and writing. Over time, this person will have the opportunity to build out and manage a research team, as well as collaborate with other people on our data science and product development teams. This role would be great for someone who wants to publish peer-reviewed research in journals and build a research team. We publish more than any other health care tech firm we know of. This is a Boston-based position.
- Independently perform complex analysis using modern data science techniques against structured or unstructured data to generate insights.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop the study design, define research questions, design data frames, write statistical analysis plans/study protocols, conduct analyses, and participate in the full research process, including client presentation and publication.
- Work with engineering and other data scientists to review code for use in production-level products, where applicable.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other researchers and data scientists.
- Doctorate degree in a relevant field (e.g. Health Policy, Economics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, or Applied Mathematics) and a top-notch academic track record.
- Track record of publishing in top academic journals in a field.
- Demonstrated history of mentoring/overseeing other researchers.
- Ability to manipulate voluminous data with different degrees of structuring across disparate sources to build and communicate actionable insights for internal or external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to relay information.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to understand complex requirements.
- Experience with designing and implementing a comprehensive QA process to ensure work product is zero defect.
- Ability to work in an agile and rapidly changing environment with high-quality deliverables.
- Experience using health care claims data for analytics is preferred.
- Passion for health care.
Apply For This Position