The content for this blog was provided by Jon "JP" Warner, MD, the founder of the Codman Shouder Society
We aim to publish high impact articles that advance our understanding of the cost, quality, and value of shoulder care, as well as disparities in treatment, and apply these insights to improve care.
Who we are:
A group of 18 surgeons from 11 hospitals (so far). We meet monthly.
What we have done so far:
Four accepted manuscripts
- Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Shoulder Arthroplasty: Surgical Trends and Post-Operative Care Pathway Analysis
- The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Racial Disparities in Patients Undergoing Total Shoulder Arthroplasty in the United States
- Higher Surgeon Volume is Associated with Lower Rate of Subsequent Revision Procedures Following Total Shoulder Arthroplasty: A National Analysis with 2-Year Longitudinal Follow-Up (Accepted for publication; Accepted for Podium Presentation, AAOS, 2023, Las Vegas, NV)
- Five Year Patient Mortality Following Shoulder Arthroplasty
Conference abstract submissions
- Two submissions to American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES) 2022 annual meeting
- Five submissions to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) 2023 annual meeting
Conference Abstract Acceptance
- Higher Surgeon Volume is Associated with Lower Rate of Subsequent Revision Procedures Following Total Shoulder Arthroplasty: (AAOS 2023 Annual Meeting)
We welcome more surgeon members who want to join us on our journey of measuring value. For More information please contact Porter Jones (email@example.com) or JP Warner (firstname.lastname@example.org).